To apply for a job at Paumanok Veterinary Hospital, please fill out our online form. See our current job listings below.
NYS Licensed Associate Veterinarian
NYS Licensed Associate Veterinarian needed for immediate hire-busy small animal practice (dogs, cats, avian and pocket pets).
Well-equipped facility: digital radiographydental radiography, ultrasound and more.
Award winning hospital known for its community service.
Competitive salary with benefits such as: health care, retirement plan, generous vacation schedule, paid professional memberships dues, and continuing education.
Will consider recent graduates. Prefer full-time associate, but will consider part-time. Interested applicants can apply here.
NYS Licensed Veterinary Technician
Paumanok is seeking a part-time /or full-time NYS Licensed Veterinary Technician for a companion animal, high-paced practice. LVT eligibility and recent grads are welcome to apply.
We’re looking an individual who is responsible, a team player and who understands the importance of quality pet care (canine, feline, avian and exotic). Our hospital offers diagnostics, digital radiography, laser therapy, and is very involved with our community. Applicants must have strong work ethics, good communication and interpersonal skills. Bilingual is a plus. We offer a competitive salary with benefits such as: health care, retirement plan, vacation time, paid professional memberships dues, and continuing education.
Please fill our our Employment Application Form to be considered for this position.
Veterinary Receptionist: full-time/part time needed for a busy multi-doctor full-service small animal veterinary hospital. This is a high-pressure position. Experience preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing multiple phone lines
• Scheduling patient appointments
• Greeting clients with a smile
• Processing financial transactions
• Accurate filing of patient records
• Filling some prescriptions
• Ensuring that the front end of the hospital is clean and presentable at all times
• Candidates must have a love for animals
• Dependable attendance is required
• Be willing to work long or irregular hours
• Provide excellent client services and sales
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Ability to work under pressure and to maintain an upbeat personality during high volume times is essential
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Maintain accurate medical records
• Can utilize office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, etc.
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience working with the public.
• Experience in a veterinary hospital or other doctor’s office
• Spanish speaking is a plus
Ready to apply? Please fill out our Employment Application Form.
We are looking to hire part-time mature minded, animal loving, reliable and hardworking individual to join our veterinary team as a KENNEL ASSISTANT. Must be available for afternoon/weekends and holiday shifts. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. or over (with assistance).
This position requires lots of dirty grunge work such as: daily cleaning of kennels, cages and public areas inside and outside the hospital following proper disease control protocols, stocking all cleaning supplies as needed, washing soiled animal bedding and folding cleaned animal bedding, maintain a professional demeanor, plus be willing to do other duties as assigned. High school students are welcome to apply! We will train the right individual with a desire to learn.
Apply for this position by filling out our Employment Application Form.